New England Revolution vs Chicago Fire:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Sunday, July 24, 2016
Kick-off: 0:30 UK Time
Venue: Gillette Stadium (Massachusetts).
New England Revolution are looking forward to continue their unbeaten run where they left off in the MLS Eastern Conference as they host Chicago Fire at Gillette Stadium on Sunday.
New England will enter the game from a 2-game unbeaten run in the league, which includes a 3-1 home win over Columbus crew and a goalless draw on the road at Real Salt Lake last weekend.
The Revs are in 6th position in the Eastern Conference table with 23 points from 20 league games, they hope for a win in this game go climb up the ladder into 5th position depending on results else where.
Meanwhile, Chicago Fire have had some struggles this season, but they seem to be in a better shape recently, their last 5 games have seen 3 victories and 2 defeats.
The Revs are still rocking the bottom of MLS Eastern Conference table, they have 17 points from 18 league games. They hope for a win in this one to leave the bottom of the table depending on other results.
- The Revs hold the joint worst defensive record this season having conceded 33 goals from 20 league games.
- The Revs have lost 3 of their last 6 games, they have won 2 and drawn 1
- At home, the Revs are good, they have lost just 2 of their last 10 home games, also they have won 4 and drawn 4.
- Chicago Fire has the worst offensice recored this season, they have scored just 17 goals from 18 league games.
- Chicago Fire are poor away, they are without a win in their last 9 away games in league, with 2 draws and 7 defeats
New England Revolution: Team News
Gershon Koffie is a doubt for the game but could still play if found fit in time while Xavier Kouassi, Juan Agudelo Donnie Smith and Charlie Davies are all injured.
Chicago Fire: Team News
The only injury concern for the visiting team is Collin Fernandez but he is yet to be confirmed fit for the game.
New England Revolution vs Chicago Fire: Head-to-Head stats
- These two teams have played a lot of games together, they have played 58 games which New England have won 24 and lost 22.
- New England have won 3 of their last 5 games against Chicago Fire, lost 1 and drawn 1.
- At Gillette Stadium, the Revs are unbeaten against Chicago Fire in 8 of their last 9 games, they have won 7 drew 1 and lost 1.
- The Revs are on 3 game winning streak at Gillette Stadium against Chicago Fire.
New England Revolution vs Chicago Fire: Prediction
The home team are huge favourites to win this game though they are also struggling like their visitors in recent games, but I’m pitching my tent with the home team.
I predict a win for the home team but i expect goals from both teams.
New England Revolution vs Chicago Fire: Tips
- New England Revolution win.
- Both team score
- Over 2.5 goals