Napoli vs Roma Prediction, Betting Tips and Match Preview for Italian Serie A match on Sunday, 5 July 2020. Kick off 20:45 UK/ 21:45 CET at the Stadio San Paolo (Naples)
Napoli suffered an upsetting defeat against Atalanta in the latest fixture. They squandered multiple chances in that match while also allowing the opponents to move freely in their half.
The defeat ended a dream winning run since February. But at home, they are unbeaten in the last two games on the trot.
Roma was one of the best teams in the last couple of years both in Italy and in Europe. But after losing some of their players they have reduced to a below-average side.
Currently, they are 5th in the tale with a chance to go to the Europa League. They need a miracle to reduce the 12 point gap between them and Atalanta.
Napoli vs Roma: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their five previous meetings.
- In the latest four of those games, both teams found the back of the net.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those games as well.
- Roma remains unbeaten in their last 4 visits to this ground.
- The last time Napoli won here against Roma was back in November 2014.
- The visitors are on a two game losing streak.
Napoli vs Roma: Prediction
Not only Roma lost the last two games on the trot, but they failed to score also. But on the bright side for them, Napoli is also fading in defense.
Including the two goals against Udinese, they have conceded a goal per game in the last five fixtures.
But if we look at the recent head to head games both of them have scored at the ninety minutes.
Even though there is a dip in form for Napoli compared to last season they have done good in home matches.
From 14 games here they have six wins and defeats each. Roma has lost in three latest away games against top teams like AC Milan and Atalanta.
Also with the unbeaten run at home going on, I am backing the home team to win this tie, with goals from both sides.
Napoli vs Roma: Betting Tips
- Home team to win @ 1.53(6/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.60(3/5).