Napoli vs AC Milan
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 12 July 2020
Kick-Off at 20:45 UK/ 21:45 CET
Venue: Stadio San Paolo (Naples).
Two big guns in the country will come face to face this Sunday. Both of them are already out of the title race, so this will be for a place in the Europa League.
The hosts are currently occupying that position. But the two points cushion over Milan is just accumulating pressure on them.
Milan is still buzzing after the win over the reigning champions- Juventus. That performance will send a message to Napoli who has conceded quite a few goals in recent weeks. Including the win over Juve, Milan is unbeaten in five matches on the trot.
Napoli vs AC Milan: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Milan is unbeaten in three recent clashes against this opposition.
- Both sides have a win each in their last 5 competitive meetings.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games.
- Napoli has not lost to Milan here in over a decade in all competitions.
- In 9 of their last 10 clashes here the final score had goals from both teams.
- All nine of those matches also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Napoli vs AC Milan: Prediction
Both sides are on great form currently in the league. The hosts have won both their previous league fixtures so have the visitors.
But in terms of head to head history, the away team has not done well here since 2010. But they managed to stay unbeaten in four recent games on the road.
This includes the win over Lazio who is second in the league. So I am backing the hosts to get all three points in this one.
There will be goals in this upcoming tie for sure. The away side has scored past two strong defenses in Juventus and Napoli in recent times. Napoli has one of the best attacks in the league with Insigne and Mertens on the form.
Also, the majority of their previous clashes had goals from both these teams. Thus we can expect a similar scoreline on Sunday too.
Napoli vs AC Milan: Betting Tips
Napoli to win @ 1.53 (6/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).