Napoli vs Cagliari
2017/18 Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 1 October 2017
Kick-Off: 11:30 UK,
Venue: Stadio San Paolo (Naples).
After a comprehensive win over Feyenoord in midweek Champions League action, Napoli turn their attention back to domestic affairs as they welcome Cagliari in their last Serie A game before the international break.
The Partenopei are currently on top of the league table, ahead of Juventus on goal difference. That’s thanks to their perfect start to the season, which has seen them win all six of their games thus far. It’s still early, but in the form they are in now, they certainly are looking as serious contenders for the Scudetto title, especially with the way they crushed Lazio a couple round back. They did surprisingly struggle against a SPAL side who refused to go away, but nonetheless showed their superiority to eventually see them off and secure all three points.
Napoli’s defensive issues, however, continue to plague them. That’s what a dogged SPAL tried to take advantage of in a desperate attempt to secure a point, and that’s what Cagliari will try to do as well. However, their attack is just too strong and that is what will help them wipe out any comeback from the Rossoblu.
From a neutral standpoint, that will make for a highly entertaining encounter. Cagliari, meanwhile, are coming into this game having lost their last two games without scoring, and will be bitterly disappointed by the outcomes from their matches with Sassuolo and Chievo as certainly they could have grabbed a goal in those matches.
Napoli vs Cagliari: Head-to-head statistics
- Napoli are undefeated in their last 14 matches against Cagliari in all competitions.
- Napoli have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home matches against Cagliari in all competitions.
- The Partenopei have scored at least 3 goals in their last 5 home matches against Cagliari in all competitions.
- Napoli have won their last 11 matches.
- The Partenopei have scored at least three goals in their last 10 Serie A matches.
- Cagliari’s last win over Napoli was on April 19, 2009 (2-0).
- The Rossoblu haven’t beaten Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo since August 26, 2007 (2-0)
Napoli vs Cagliari: Prediction
Given that Cagliari had the worst defense outside bottom three, they’re expected to struggle against Napoli’s potent attack. However, Napoli have struggled to keep a clean sheet and so may give up a goal. That being said, Napoli’s strong firepower should cancel out any goal Cagliari may be able to grab, and all in all, the Partenopei should easily sweep aside their Sardinian opponents.
Napoli vs Cagliari: Betting tips
Napoli – WIN and BTTS – YES at 11/8 (2.38).