Nantes vs Nancy
Coupe de la Ligue Quarter-final
Date: Tuesday, 10th January 2017
Kick off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes.
FC Nantes and AS Nancy Lorraine are two teams in French Ligue 1 who haven’t found any consistency to their game for the majority of the first half of 2016/17 season. But both went into the Christmas break on the back of unbeaten runs and will be in good spirits when they face-off in the Quarter-final of the Coupe de la Ligue on Tuesday evening.
Nantes are a relegation threatened side in the Ligue 1, but back to back wins against Angers and Montpellier at the end of December took them out of the danger zone. They are currently 17th in the standings and are only outside the drop zone due to a superior goal-difference against 18th placed Metz. They defeated Montpellier in the round of 16 of Coupe de la Ligue by 3-1 margin and are on a 4 match winning streak in all competitions.
Nancy defeated the lower league side Besancon FC in the Coupe de France fixture on the weekend to stretch their unbeaten run in all competitions to 5 matches. They are 13th in the Ligue 1, but there is only 2 points that separate them from the relegation zone. They are a much improved side since the start of December and kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 matches. Even their away form needs special mention as they are unbeaten in the last four with 2 wins and 2 draws.
Nantes vs Nancy: Head-to-head stats
- It was a 1-1 draw when the teams met for the Ligue 1 clash this season at the Stade Marcel Picot in Nancy on September 2016.
- Nantes managed to win just twice in their last 8 matches against Nancy in all competitions, drew 1 and lost 5.
- Nancy are unbeaten in the last three matches against Nantes with 2 wins and a draw.
- This is Nancy’s first trip to Nantes since their last visit in 2008.
- Nantes have won in 4 of their last 5 home games against Nancy, however they lost in the latest meeting in 2008.
Nantes vs Nancy: Prediction
There is no doubt that both teams are in some excellent form at the moment. As a result, they are expected to cancel each other at the end of 90 minutes. Both teams have pretty strong in their defense and we may well see a score-line similar to 0-0 or 1-1 here. It is better to go for first half markets in this game, and our main pick for this game is a draw at half time.
Nantes vs Nancy: Bet Tips
Draw at half-time at 2.00 (1/1)
Under 2.5 goals at 1.60 (3/5).