Nantes vs Monaco
2016/17 French Ligue 1.
Date: Saturday, 20 August 2016,
Kick-Off: 16:00 UK,
Venue: Louis Fonteneau (Nantes).
Nantes hit the ground running in Ligue 1 with a 1-0 away win against the newly promoted Dijon, thanks to a 49th minute strike from Nicolaj Thomsen. They will now sit back at home to welcome last season’s third place finishers AS Monaco. Rene Girard will be hoping to put an end to his team’s long standing win-less run against the visitors on Saturday.
Monaco were engaged in a hard fought 2-2 draw at home against Guingamp. They were 2-0 down at half-time, but done brilliantly to grab a point. However they will consider this as 2 points dropped than a point gained. However they bounced back brilliantly with a 2-1 away win at Villarreal in the Champions League play-off on Wednesday night.
Nantes vs Monaco: Head-to-Head Stats
- Monaco are unbeaten in the last seven league fixtures against Guingamp with 5 wins and 2 draws.
- In the two fixtures of the last season, Monaco were 1-0 winners at home before drawing a blank in the return leg at Nantes.
- Five of the last six games between these two sides have seen under 1.5 goals.
- Nante’s last win against AS Monaco was at Stade Louis in Monaco on October 2012.
- Nantes remain without a home win in the last four clashes against Monaco.
Nantes vs Monaco: Prediction
Confidence will be brimming at Nantes camp as they have started the Ligue 1 on a good note with a win. Even going away to get a first win is vital for them, but their weekend match against Monaco is another tough task. This will be also an opportunity to cheer their travelling fans by getting the first win again Monaco in five competitive meetings.
Monaco’s unbeaten streak and good run will give them plenty of confidence in this away fixture. They are coming on the back of a morale boosting away win against Villarreal in the mid-week Champions League fixture. They must clinch this on a slim margin.
Nantes vs Monaco: Bet Tips
- Under 2.5 goals
- Monaco to win.