Nantes vs Lens
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 10 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade de la Beaujoire.
Lens might have not recorded many wins in their latest few match-days. But their performances have been good, and they were plainly unlucky for some of the games which ended in draws.
Particularly in their latest fixture, they had dominated against toppers PSG, and were even leading 1-0 with just seconds left in injury time. But a dramatic and late equalizer stripped them of two points.
It goes without saying that the team will be determined to make amends, and frankly they have got a great opportunity this weekend. They are pitted against the struggling Nantes, who also have a poor h2h record over the years.
Likely, expect Lens to grind out a much-needed win at the Stade de la Beaujoire.
Nantes vs Lens Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-4 win for Lens. This had come in a Coupe de France fixture.
- They are on an unbeaten run since 2014.
- It’s been seven years since the hosts have managed to keep a clean sheet at this stadium.
- The last time these two locked horns in a league encounter, spoils were shared with a 1-1 scorecard.
Nantes vs Lens Prediction & Analysis
Nantes recorded a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day. But it was against the 16th placed Lorient. Before that they were on a five-game winless run, and also had conceded two or more goals in three of these six fixtures.
On the other hand, Lens recorded a 1-1 draw at home PSG the last game week. They were also unbeaten in 17 of their past 21 fixtures, and of their total three losses on the road this season, two had come against Lyon, and Montpellier.
Going on, Nantes have not performed well in recent h2h meetings. In fact, almost all of their good performances against Lens have come before 2014.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Lens this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lens are placed fifth in the table, and only three other teams have scored more goals than them – one of them being PSG.
- They need a surplus of just four points to climb to the second position in standings.
- Nantes are placed 13th in the table, and only six other teams have scored fewer goals than them. Note that three of these six teams are placed in the relegation zone.
Tips for Nantes vs Lens
Draw No Bet: Lens @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Lens @ 2.40 (7/5).