Nacional vs Vitoria Guimaraes
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Kick-off at 18.00 UK/ 19.00 CET
Venue: Estádio da Madeira (Funchal).
Nacional hosts Vitoria Guimaraes at the Estádio da Madeira this week. The match concludes the 15th round for both these teams in the Portuguese Primeira Liga.
Nacional is the 12th team in the table and has posted 16 points on the board. Their record reads 4 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses. The team scored 17 goals and conceded 26 in return.
Vitoria Guimaraes is placed 5th in the table after registering 25 points this season. They have a record of 7 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses till the last match-day. The team managed to get on the score sheet 21 times and conceded 15 in return.
Nacional lost against Tondela, last match-day, on the road. The final score was 2-1. Vitoria Guimaraes won against Sporting with a scoreline of 1-0, at home, in their last fixture.
Nacional vs Vitoria Guimaraes Head-to-head (h2h)
- Vitoria Guimaraes won the last h2h match against Nacional.
- Nacional was winless in 12 of their last 15 matches.
- Vitoria Guimaraes was unbeaten in 14 of their last 15 games.
- Nacional was winless in 6 of their last 8 home-ties.
- Vitoria Guimaraes is unbeaten in their last 7 fixtures on the road.
- Nacional has scored in 7 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 10 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Vitoria Guimaraes has scored in 14 of their last 15 overall games, and in 13 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Rochez B has been the best player for Nacional with 7 goals and 1 assist this season, and Andre for Vitoria Guimaraes, with 6 goals and 1 assist.
Nacional vs Vitoria Guimaraes Prediction
Guimaraes had dropped some points recently and they are desperate to make up for it. As of now, they miss the Europa League spot by just one position. As the teams reach the halfway point in the league, it’s now or never for Guimaraes to make the move.
Expect a fiercely contested match by either team, and we will see a goal in the first half. Guimaraes cannot just afford to slack off, and therefore either they will score a goal in the first 45 minutes, or they will commit a mistake and concede one.
As we have always seen, Nacional is a team that loses intensity in the latter half of the game. It’s evident from the fact that no other team has lost more second halves at home than Nacional.
Vitoria will cunningly pounce on this weakness, and make the hosts pay for it. Expect a goal from Guimaraes in the second half.
Nacional vs Vitoria Guimaraes Betting Tips
Over 0.5 Match goals in the First Half @ 1.40 (2/5)
Vitoria Guimaraes to Score in Second Half @ 1.67 (2/3).