Royal Excel Mouscron vs Zulte Waregem
Belgium – First Division A
Date: Saturday, 29 August 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stade Le Canonnier (Mouscron)
The hosts will be looking for their first win of the season when they host Waregem this weekend. The home side is currently 14th in the points table with two draws and a defeat in three games. They are coming into this game after the away draw with Anderlecht which was a good result against strong opposition. Both sides scored a goal apiece in that match and breaking the strong backline of Anderlecht away from home is no small feat.
After two consecutive defeats, Waregem won their latest league fixture. They had to settle for a ninth-place finish last year and by the looks of it, they will achieve something similar this time too. With six goals scored they are combined top scorers in this campaign along with toppers Beerschot and Anderlecht. But four of those came against Waasland-Beveren in their only win of the season.
Royal Excel Mouscron vs Zulte Waregem: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Three of their last five meetings ended with both teams sharing points.
- Mouscron is unbeaten in the last six clashes with this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in nine of their last 12 head to head games.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in the majority of their previous clashes across various venues.
- The hosts have two wins and a defeat in the last five meetings at this ground.
- Four of those five matches had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- In three of those games, both sides found the target as well.
Royal Excel Mouscron vs Zulte Waregem: Prediction
Both teams are coming into this match after disappointing defeats. The hosts may be below their upcoming opposition in the table but they have managed to draw two matches. The visitors have won only once which was against struggling opposition. Based on their recent performance against Anderlecht the home team has the upper hand in this tie. They have not been beaten by these rivals since April 2018. Since they have not won a game so far there is also a chance for a draw also.
The poor show from both teams has something to do with their respective defenses. The visitors have given away all the six goals they have scored in the three rounds. The majority of their previous head to head games at this ground also had goals from both teams. So I am backing a Double Chance for the home team and both teams to score on Saturday.
Royal Excel Mouscron vs Zulte Waregem: Betting Tips
Double Chance: Mouscron to win or Draw @ 1.53 (6/11).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).