Motherwell vs St Mirren
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Fir Park (Motherwell)
Motherwell is third in the league table but is facing serious problems in recent weeks. They are without a win in their last five League games including 3 defeats. On the other hand, Saints are at the bottom half of the table losing 14 of the 26 games till now. They are also without a win in the league since December 2019.
Motherwell vs St Mirren: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Motherwell is unbeaten in the last 6 head to head matches against St. Mirren.
- Saint Mirren previously won this fixture back in December 2018.
- Motherwell has not lost at home for three consecutive head to head matches.
- They have four wins in the last 7 head to head games played at this ground.
- Motherwell is without a win in the last seven games in both the league and cup.
- Four of those matches had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides have scored in the last five games of Saint Mirren.
- Saints won on penalties when these two met last Friday.
Motherwell vs St Mirren: Prediction
The recent home record of Motherwell is disappointing considering how they started the season. That is why they fell behind the title race and 20 points behind Rangers in second place.
The Saints came to this ground and proved a point last Friday. Even though the head to head stats favor the home team this will not be an easy game for Motherwell. So we could expect a close match where the saints prevail or the game finishing as a draw.
Motherwell has considered nine goals in their last three games while scoring 7 in return. The visitors have also given away 9 goals and scored 9 in return in their last three competitive fixtures. So we can expect both teams to find the back of the net on Tuesday.
Motherwell vs St Mirren: Betting Tips
- DC: Draw or St Mirren @ 1.95(10/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.87(7/8).