Motherwell vs Ross County
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Wednesday, 4 March 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Fir Park (Motherwell)
The visitors finally won a game away from home after a long time. The 1-2 win against Aberdeen was a long-awaited result for Ross County. It is a coincidence that their last away win before this result was against Motherwell in September 2019.
Motherwell is currently on a 4 match losing streak at home, a record which they need to let go if they want to be in third place. The season is nearing its end and the team from Motherwell is fading from the form they had at the start.
Motherwell vs Ross County: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both teams have won two games each in their 5 previous h2h matches.
- Their 3 latest meetings had over 2.5 goals in total.
- All those 3 matches had the common scoreline 1-2 in favor of the winner.
- Ross County has won 3 and lost 2 of their 5 recent head to head games against Motherwell.
- They have a 2 match win streak currently active at this ground.
Motherwell vs Ross County: Prediction
The hosts have found the net in very few of their recent home matches. But they may open up the visiting defense as Ross County has given away 55 goals till now. So we may see both sides scoring at Motherwell on Wednesday.
Both teams are struggling in the league at the moment. In terms of table position, the hosts are well ahead of their visiting rivals. They won the reverse fixture 1-2 in December. But the hosts lost the form they had at that particular stage of the league. In the recent past, they have lost matches to team swell below them like St Mirren and Livingston. Meanwhile, the visitors are on the back of a win that came after a series of losses. So I am backing this to be a close game with both sides scoring and the game ending as a draw.
Motherwell vs Ross County: Betting Tips
- Match to draw @ 3.70(27/10).
- Both teams to score @ 1.91(10/11).