Motherwell vs Celtic
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 15:00 UK / 16:00 CET
Venue: Fir Park.
If we put the head to head tradition and teams’ pedigree aside and judge things solely by the performances from this season, it is very hard to find value in the 1.50 odds offered for the away win pick.
Motherwell vs Celtic Head-to-head
- The head to head stats completely favors Celtic who have won eight games in a row against Motherwell.
- The Bhoys have scored at least two goals in all of these eight victories.
- Motherwell conceded at least four goals in each of the last three home matches against Celtic.
Motherwell vs Celtic Predictions & Analysis
Celtic got off to one of the worst starts to the season in the last couple of decades, claiming only four wins from the opening eight rounds of the Premiership.
The Bhoys are just not there yet and their current displays are miles away from those we got used to see in the previous seasons.
The new manager Ange Postecoglou is clearly doing something wrong, but the board still trusts him to turn things around.
The team did not look great in the previous round against Aberdeen either, despite a 1-2 victory at the Pittodrie Stadium.
Celtic made just seven attempts on the occasion, only two of which went on target (and ended up being goals).
The Bhoys are particularly struggling to perform on travels. They lost three of four away league games this season.
The match against Motherwell is by no means an easy fixture for them, regardless of the bookmakers’ odds.
The hosts sit two places above Celtic in the league standings (at the fourth position) and they will go into this on the back of three successive wins at the Fir Park.
The Well also offered a strong display in a 2-0 defeat at Hearts in the previous round, but were unlucky to concede both goals against the run of play.
Key Stats for Betting
Motherwell have won three on the trot at home, conceding just one goal in the process.
On the other side, Celtic lost three of four away matches this term and they did not shine in the 1-2 victory over Aberdeen in the previous round either.
- Motherwell conceded only one goal in the last three home matches.
- Motherwell won four, drew one, and lost one of the last six league outings.
- Celtic scored only three goals in four away matches this season.
- Celtic won only two of the last five league outings.
Tips for Motherwell vs Celtic
Motherwell to win in +1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.57 (4/7)
Celtic Under 1.5 Team Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).