Montreal vs Philadelphia Union
USA – MLS
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Saputo Stadium.
Philadelphia are the better team of the two, but their recent record on the road is a bit worrisome, and Montreal will be eager to cash in on that. However, the latter have a poor h2h record over the years, and have conceded in plenty as well.
Likely, the result might be anyone’s guess, but goals are expected in huge numbers this Saturday.
Montreal vs Philadelphia Union Head-to-head
- The last three clashes in a row had goals from both teams.
- Eight of the preceding twelve meetings had three or more goals.
- The last two encounters at this stadium had four or more goals.
Montreal vs Philadelphia Union Prediction & Analysis
Montreal had recorded a 2-1 win at home the last match-day, against Atlanta. They had also won four of their last six fixtures, and they had remained unbeaten in 12 of their previous 15 home games.
Do also note that seven of their past nine home fixtures had goals from both teams as well as three or more goals.
On the other hand, Philadelphia had won 1-2 on the road the last game week, against Cincinnati. Going on, they had lost just five times on the road in the past 12-month period, and they have also scored in plenty in past h2h meetings.
By the looks of things, expect a high-scoring affair this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The last four straight games of Montreal had goals from both teams as well as three or more goals.
- Only once have they failed to score at home in the past four-month period, and they had slotted in two or more goals in seven of the preceding nine appearances here as well.
- Philly had won four of their previous five matches, and only twice have they failed to score on the road since April of 2021.
Tips for Montreal vs Philadelphia Union
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.83 (5/6).