Montreal Impact vs Vancouver Whitecaps
USA- Major League Soccer
Date: Wednesday, 26 August 2020
Kick-Off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: Saputo Stadium (Montreal)
Coach Marc Dos Santos will reunite with his former team when the Blue and White travels to Montreal. The home team is having an indifferent season so far. Currently, they are placed 7th in the Eastern Conference. They recently came back to winning ways after losing two consecutive games.
The Whitecaps are also on a two-game losing run and have lost four of their last five league games. They need a major change in defense as they have conceded twice the number of goals they have scored so far. Both sides are also missing some major players due to injury.
Montreal Impact vs Vancouver Whitecaps: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Montreal has three wins and two defeats in five previous games with this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those five matches across different venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in all three of those matches as well.
- The hosts have a three game-winning run in head to head games at this ground.
- Both sides found the target in four recent clashes here.
- All four of those games at this venue also produced more than 2.5 goals.
Montreal Impact vs Vancouver Whitecaps: Prediction
The Blue and White are in a spot of bother after losing five of their seven games. They lost all games at home and the two wins were away from home. Even though that is the case, they have a poor record at this ground, losing on all three previous visits here. So this will turn out to be the second consecutive home win for the team from Montreal.
Both sides have scored in four of their recent meetings at this ground. With the worst defensive stats this season, the Whitecaps are likely to concede yet again. They have already given away plenty of goals in three recent away games, all resulting in back to back defeats. So I am backing the hosts to win with goals at both ends of the field.
Montreal Impact vs Vancouver Whitecaps: Betting Tips
Montreal Impact to win @ 1.66 (2/3).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).