Montreal Impact vs Sporting Kansas City:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2016
Kick-off: 0:30 UK Time
Venue: Stade Saputo (Quebec).
Montreal Impact prepare to fave off against Sporting Kansas City at the Stade Saputo on Sunday as they look to get back to winning ways in the MLS.
Montreal started the season decently but the past two months have been a nightmare of struggles for them, as they come into this clash from a 0-0 draw at Columbus on Sunday as they are on a 4 game win-less streak in all competition. They have dropped off in the title race as they have seen more draws in their recent games, they are currently 4th on the Eastern Conference table with 20 points from 14 games.
On the other hand, Sporting Kansas City have woken up from their slumber as they recorded a 2-0 home win against FC Dallas last weekend after going 4 game without a win. They are 4th in the MLS western conference table with 21 points from 17 league games, they hope to win this game to remain focused in the league.
- Montreal have been on a poor form, they have won just 1 of their last 10 games in all competition.
- At home, Montreal Impact are Superb at home, they lost only 1 of their last 14 home fixtures in all competitions and are unbeaten in their last 4 home games.
- Sporting Kansas have won only 1 game in their last 5 MLS games.
- Sporting Kansas have a poor attacking form, they have scored just 16 goals in 17 league games but their defence looks good as they have conceded 18 goals in 17 league games.
- Sporting Kansas are not good on the road, they have won just 2 of their last 9 away games in all competition and have gone 7 games without a win.
Montreal Impact: Team News
Andres Romero, Donny Toia, Ignacio Piatti, Marco Donadel and Calum Mallace will miss this fixture due to injury.
Montreal Impact: Predicted line up (4-3-3)
Bush – Oyongo, Cabrera, Lefevre, Camara – Bekker, Venegas, Alexandre – Oduro, Drogba, Ontivero.
Sporting Kansas City: Team News
Nuno Andre Coelho and Soni Mustivar are doubts for this game
Sporting Kansas City: Predicted Line-up
Melia – Medranda, Olum, Opara, Abdul-Sala – Mustivar, Feilhaber, Espinoza – Hallisey Dwyer, Peterson.
Montreal Impact vs Sporting Kansas City: Head to Head
Sporting Kansas have dominated the last 5 ties between the 2 teams, they are on a 5 game winning streak against Montreal Impact and Sporting Kansas City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 games against Montreal Impact.
Only one of their ten previous meetings have ended in draw, Montreal have won 3 games while Sporting Kansas City have won 6 games.
Montreal Impact vs Sporting Kansas City: Prediction
Both things are not in a stable form/condition which makes it hard to point out an outright winner. Both teams may be finding it difficult to score this season but previous games between the two sides have always recorded high turnout of goals and this game might also follow suit.
I predict a win for the home team, considering their good home form, but looking at sporting’s defensive record, i think they won’t let in much goals.
I predict a 1-0 score line in favour of Montreal Impact.
1. Montreal Impact win or draw
2. Under 2.5 goals