Montpellier vs Saint-Etienne
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday 27th April 2018
Kick off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stade de la Mosson (Montpellier).
Just when 5th place and a chance to play in the Europa League presented itself to Montpellier their form has taken a serious dip. They come into this game with back to back losses and have not won a game since beating Caen at the beginning of the month.
We have to go back to the beginning of February for the last time Montpellier won at Stade de la Mosson with a succession of their games here finishing in draws. It’s fair to say that the home side have been in poor form and are due a win.
St Etienne are in 6th place and are just one point behind Nice who are in the final Europa League spot. The club are in good form having won 13 of their last 15 points available and the club have gone the last 3 months undefeated in the league. St Etienne have not lost a game away from home in over five games and are on a mission to finish in the top five.
Montpellier vs Saint-Etienne: Head to Head
- Montpellier has won the last 3 meetings between the two teams
- From the last 5 games held at Montpellier St Etienne has won 2 times
- The last 2 games played at Montpellier have had the correct score of 2-1
Montpellier vs Saint-Etienne: Prediction
St Etienne are the better side coming into this game on form but Montpellier have been very unlucky not to get a few wins in recent weeks. With being at home and still being in contention for 5th place we will choose to go with the home side.
Montpellier vs Saint-Etienne: Bet Tips
- Montpellier to beat St Etienne at 2.50
- Anytime goal scorer: Giovanni Sio (Montpellier) at 2.38
- Half time correct score 1-0 to Montpellier at 4.33.