Monterrey vs Toluca
Mexico – Liga MX Guard1anes
Date: Monday, 27 July 2020
Kick-Off at 01:00 UK/ 02:00 CET
Venue: Estadio BBVA Bancomer (Monterrey)
The reigning champions of Apertura will host Toluca in their season opener this Monday. Even though they are the title holders the performance in recently canceled Clausura was not fit for a champion. They were the only team to not win a game in that campaign. With 5 defeats and draws in 10 games, they were placed rightfully at the bottom of the table.
The visitors also had a poor run in the above-mentioned competition. They are without a win in seven previous games in all competitions. Of those seven matches, they lost five which pretty much sums up their squad morale at the moment.
Monterrey vs Toluca: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Toluca has three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those five games across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in all three of those clashes as well.
- The hosts have an active three-game winning streak going on at this ground against Toluca.
- Both sides scored in four of their five previous matches here.
- Three of those four matches also had more than 2.5 goals at full time.
Monterrey vs Toluca: Prediction
The visitors are in much better form right in league games now compared to the host. But they have not won at this ground for over four years. In league matches, the home team is currently on a two-match losing streak the latest of which came against Guadalajara. Toluca finished with the draw against Puma which was their seventh game without a win in all competitions. Away from home also they are carrying on a winless run for months. So we can expect both teams to share points in their first match of the season.
The majority of their recent head to head clashes at this ground produce goals at both ends. The visitors have scored 16 goals in their 10 matches in the Clausura and the hosts have found a goal per game during that period of play. So we can expect goals from both sets of players this Monday.
Monterrey vs Toluca: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.76 (3/4).
Match to draw @ 4.40 (17/5).