Monaco vs Lyon
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 4th February 2018
Kick off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Louis II (Monaco).
What a fantastic game we have here on Sunday evening to wrap up another weekend of Ligue 1 where the champions Monaco will take on the legendary Lyon.
Both sides will admit that the league is beyond them this season but they will be playing for a Champions League place and pride. Monaco are in 4th place but are just a point behind Lyon who are in 2nd place. Monaco has the 2nd best home record in the league where from 36 points they have won 29. They have lost just 1 game which came against PSG and they love scoring at home where they have 10 goals in their last 4 matches.
Lyon will take heart that at the end of January they came to this ground and knocked Monaco out of the Coupe de France by winning 3-2 in an action packed game which we expect to see again. Lyon were disappointing last week easily losing to Bordeaux 3-1. But that was just their 2nd away loss of the season and they still have the best away record in the league.
Monaco vs Lyon: Head to Head
- Monaco has failed to beat Lyon for 4 times in a row when they have been at home
- The last 5 matches have a 100% success rate for over 2.5 goals
- In the last 5 matches there has been 24 goals scored
Monaco vs Lyon: Prediction
We don’t have to pick a winner here because we sense there will be goals and there is plenty of profits for us to be made on this game. No league title to play for so this match will be very exciting from the first whistle.
Monaco vs Lyon: Bet Tips
- Both teams to score at 1.50
- Over 1.5 goals in the 1st half at 2.25 odds
- Radamel Falcao (Monaco) to score anytime at 1.90
- Adama Diakhaby (Lyon) to score anytime at 3.00.