Molde vs Tromso
Norway – Eliteserien
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: Aker Stadion.
Molde’s superb attacking line, led by Eliteserien’s top scorer Ohi Omouijanfo and in-form winger Eirik Ulland-Andersen (bagged two goals in the last round’s win at Odd), should have too much here for Tromso.
The visitors did not keep a clean sheet in seven straight away games in the league and we certainly not expect them to interrupt this trend against the strongest attack in the league. The home win in a high-scoring contest is the way to go.
Molde vs Tromso Head-to-head
- Molde have lost only 2 of the last 23 home matches against Tromso.
- Molde won seven, drew one, and lost one of the last nine encounters with Tromso.
- Molde have bagged three or more goals in three of the last four games against Tromso.
- Molde won four games on the trot at home against Tromso.
Molde vs Tromso Predictions & Analysis
Molde will continue the pursuit of Bodo/Glimt at the top of the Eliteserien standings on Saturday afternoon when they host recently-promoted Tromso in the first game of the Matchday No 22.
Erling Moe’s men returned to winning ways after back-to-back draws as they saw off Odd 1-3 on the road in the previous round.
Nevertheless, a run of just two wins in the last five Eliteserien outings kept Molde three points adrift of the defending champions Bodo/Glimt at the top of the ladder.
Molde will fancy their chances of making it back-to-back league wins here against Tromso, despite the visitors’ impressive run of two wins on the spin.
Tromso have escaped the bottom three in the league standings after the wins over Lillestrom and Haugesund.
The team led by Gaute Helstrup shipped only one goal in these two victories. Their back line will, however, be under a massive pressure here against Molde who boast by far the best attacking record in the division with 51 goals in 21 matches.
Key Stats for Betting
- No other team in the league has scored more than Molde’s 51 goals in 21 games.
- Molde won 8, drew 1, and lost 1 of 10 league matches at home this season.
- Molde scored at least two goals in all ten home outings this season.
- Eirik Andersen has scored four goals in the last three appearances for Molde, including a brace in the previous round’s win at Odd (1-3).
Tips for Molde vs Tromso
Molde to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.95 (19/20)
Eirik Andersen to score anytime @ 2.25 (5/4)