Molde vs Start
Norway – Eliteserien
Date: Wednesday, 5 August 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Aker Stadion.
Molde is struggling in recent weeks. They missed the opportunity to keep the pressure on toppers
Bodo/Glimt after two recent defeats. The latest of those losses came against Sandefjord away from home. This has increased the point’s difference with toppers by six points. This upcoming game would be a great chance for them to get back to winning ways.
The away team finally won a league game this season. The recent home match against Mjondalen finished 3-0 which got Start back to winning ways. But even with that result, they are still in the relegation zone. But the first Division team fill face one of their strongest opposition when they travel to meet Molde.
Molde vs Start: Head-to-head (h2h)
- MFK is on a three-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in the last nine head to head meetings across all venues.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in six of those nine matches as well.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all five recent clashes.
- The champs have not lost to this opposition in four previous clashes at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were also recorded in three recent games here.
- The champions have won all five home games this season.
- Start is yet to win an away game in this edition of the Eliteserien.
Molde vs Start: Prediction
Based on their current form in the league, the visitors have zero chance of winning this one. The home team is unbeaten at home this year and they also have the upper hand in head to head matches. The last time Start won a game against this opposition was back in November 2013.
Also, the recent meetings have displayed a trend in terms of goals scored. Six recent head to head matches saw a final score with more than 2.5 goals.
The reigning champs have one of the best-attacking units in the country that has already netted 34 goals in 12 games. Also, they have defended well at home this year with just three goals conceded in five matches. So I am backing a score with over 2.5 goals and only one team scoring them.
Molde vs Start: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.40 (2/5).
Both teams to score: No @ 2.25 (5/4).