Mjondalen vs Sarpsborg
Norway – Eliteserien
Date: Saturday, 20 June 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Isachsen Stadion (Mjøndalen)
Mjondalen has started the season off with a draw against Stabaek. The away game saw both teams having equal ball possession but Stabaek could not convert the few chances they had in the final third. The hosts survived for yet another run in the top tier when they finished 13th last season.
Sarpsborg had the same number of points as their upcoming opposition last season. They lost the season opener against Valerenga at home by a solitary goal. The team from Sarpsborg had a problem in defense last season where they conceded more goals than they scored.
Mjondalen vs Sarpsborg: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Sarpsborg is unbeaten against this opposition in over a decade.
- They have four wins and draw each in the last 8 head to head games.
- Both sides scored in five of their 7 previous clashes across all venues.
- The last and only time Mjondalen won this fixture was back in June 2010.
- In the 6 meetings between them here the hosts have a win and two defeats.
- Both of them found the back of the net in three of those matches as well.
- Sarpsborg is winless in four previous matches in the league.
Mjondalen vs Sarpsborg: Prediction
When we look at the head to head history at this ground we can see the majority of games ended as draws. Sarpsborg has overall dominance against this opposition. But since they are coming from a home defeat it is hard to give them the advantage in a match on the road. The hosts have done well on their first game and will want to start the home season with a win. So I am backing this one to be drawn with both teams scoring.
Both of them have below-average defenses while having good attacking talent at hand. The recent meetings between them saw goals at both ends of the field. So I hope we can see the same trend repeat on Saturday also.
Mjondalen vs Sarpsborg: Betting Tips
- Match to Draw @ 3.50 (5/2).
- Both teams to score @ 1.75 (3/4).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.