Millwall vs Middlesbrough
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: The Den (London).
There is no other team in the league, with more draws than Millwall this season. From the 41 matches, they have 14 wins and 17 draws. They are also not up to the mark in scoring goals among the mid-table teams.
Despite these flaws, they are currently 9th in the table nut could have done better if they could convert some of those draws.
Middlesbrough is still in the relegation zone trying to save a spot for next season. They are coming into this match after the home defeat to QPR. This is their second consecutive defeat in two weeks, the first coming against Hull City.
Millwall vs Middlesbrough: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last three meetings between them ended as draws.
- Both teams scored in all those three matches across all venues.
- Both sides have a win each in their last five meetings in the Championship.
- The hosts and visitors have two wins each in their five previous clashes at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games here.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all four of those games as well.
- Millwall is winless in their last 6 league matches at home ground.
Millwall vs Middlesbrough: Prediction
The home team has not won a home match since early January 2020. But this would be their best chance to get back to winning ways.
The visitors are losing league matches consecutively in the recent weeks. The Lions has also not lost both their recent head to head games at this ground. So I am backing the home side to win comfortably on Wednesday.
The majority of their head to head games at this ground saw a big scoreline. More than 2.5 goals came in 7 of their 8 previous meetings at this venue.
A similar full-time score can be seen in 15 matches of both the hosts and visitors, this season. So we can expect many goals in this upcoming tie.
Millwall vs Middlesbrough: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (1/1).
- The home team to win @ 1.60 (3/5).