Millwall vs Bournemouth
England – Championship
Date: Wednesday, 24 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK / 20:45 CET
Venue: The Den.
Millwall have improved their defense significantly of late. They actually have one of the best defensive records in the league.
Given that Bournemouth still have by far the best defense in the competition, we have reasons to expect a low-scoring affair on Wednesday night in London.
Millwall vs Bournemouth Head-to-head
- The teams have 10 wins apiece in the last 24 head-to-head encounters.
- Bournemouth bagged four goals past Millwall when they last visited The Den in April this year (a 1-4 victory).
- Both teams scored in each of the last season’s two head-to-head encounters between these two outfits.
Millwall vs Bournemouth Predictions & Analysis
Bournemouth have suffered the first defeat of the season at the start of the month when they shockingly fell 1-2 at home to Preston North End.
They managed to bounce back in style, beating Swansea City 4-0 in the following fixture at Vitality Stadium.
However, we can already begin to talk about a drop in form as the Cherries suffered the second defeat in the last three rounds on Sunday afternoon, falling 3-2 away at the rock-bottomed Derby County.
It was by far the worst defensive performance of the season from Scott Parker’s troops who had previously allowed no more than 10 goals in the opening 17 games of the campaign.
The Cherries will be hoping to rebound once again on Wednesday evening when they travel to the capital to battle top-half rivals Millwall away at The Den.
Millwall will be anything but a naïve opposition for the hurt Cherries. The Lions can smell blood. They are on a run of three subsequent matches without a defeat.
Although they did not shine in the weekend’s 1-1 draw at Middlesbrough, a draw against a team that had a new-manager bounce can by no means be regarded as a failure.
Key Stats for Betting
- Millwall drew in each of the last two Championship games against Derby County and Middlesbrough.
- None of the last four matches they played provided three or more goals.
- No other team have conceded fewer than Bournemouth’s 13 goals so far in the season.
- Bournemouth fell to the second place in the Championship ladder after losing two of the last three league games.
Millwall vs Bournemouth Betting Tips
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.72 (8/11)
Draw @ 3.30 (23/10).