AC Milan vs Sassuolo
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Sunday, 2 October 2016
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK,
Venue: San Siro (Milan).
The Rossoneri were held to a 0-0 draw by Fiorentina on the matchday 6 of the Serie A. Vincenzo Montella’s side were tormented by the hosts all along and must consider themselves to be lucky to have come away with a point. Their defense was all over the place despite keeping a clean sheet and also benefited from poor finishing and missed penalty from their opponents. However they will come to the matchday 7 on the back of a three match unbeaten run after having won two in a row before the stalemate at Florence.
Sassuolo earned a narrow 1-0 win in the last week’s Serie A fixture to register their third win of the season. It should have been four wins from six matches if the win against Pescara on matchday 2 wasn’t reversed for a transfer breach. They are coming on the back of a 3-1 defeat at Genk in the mid-week’s Europa League fixture, which is their third away defeat in a row in all competitions. They also lost in their two previous Serie A away games against Juventus and Chievo.
AC Milan vs Sassuolo: Head-to-Head Stats
- The latest meeting between these two sides was in a pre-season friendly on August which ended in a 3-2 win for Sassuolo.
- The two Serie A meetings last season saw the home team coming out as winners; 2-1 at Milan and 2-0 at Sassuolo.
- AC Milan have won twice and lost once in the last three league games at home against Sassuolo.
- Sassuolo have scored in 9 of the last 10 matches against Milan in all competitions and both in 8 matches during the period.
AC Milan vs Sassuolo: Prediction
Eusebio Di Francesco will be a concerned man after seeing his side struggle in away matches this season. Starting from the Europa qualification campaign, Sassuolo have won just once in the 6 away matches so far. While no one can doubt their attacking prowess and they have scored in each of the 12 competitive matches they played so far this season.
The Rossoneri will confident after managing to stay unbeaten in the last three league games. They have also kept a clean sheet in their last three and will be relying on the home advantage. Sassuolo are also marred by injuries with at least 7 players currently out. Milan look good to take all points from this Sunday’s encounter. Also consider the fact that only one of the 11 meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
AC Milan vs Sassuolo: Bet Tips
- Both Teams to Score at 1.91 (10/11)
- Over 2.5 goals at 1.90 (9/10)
- AC Milan to win at 1.65 (5/8).