Midtjylland vs AGF Aarhus
Date: Saturday, 14 July 2018
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET
Venue: MCH Arena, Herning.
Midtjylland became Danish champions for the second time in their history after a brilliant finish to the season when a streak of five consecutive wins in May saw them overtake Brondby at the end of a super successful campaign for Jess Thorup’s squad.
Ulvene are about to begin their title defense quest on Saturday afternoon when AGF are to visit MCH Arena in Herning.
The hosts still wait to find out who their rivals in the Champions League qualifications will be, but all up until these fixtures later in the month, the full concentration goes on to domestic affairs.
The most important thing for Thorup is that the core of the last term’s squad is there, while the team has even been strengthened significantly all over the place.
Celtic’s Erik Sviatchenko and Hacken’s Joel Andersson joined at the back, while Kiel’s creator Dominick Drexler also arrived at MCH Arena in a €2,5m move.
Midtjylland vs AGF Aarhus Head-to-head
- Midtjylland completely dominated this match-up in the most recent history.
- Ulvene won each of last three H2H games with AGF netting at least three times in all matches along the way.
- Overall, Midtjylland won 13, drew 3 and lost 5 of 21 home fixtures against AGF.
- Interestingly, the two teams met each other just three weeks ago when Midtjylland took a 1-3 victory in a friendly.
Midtjylland vs AGF Aarhus: Prediction
The visitors do not have much to hope for in their first fixture of the new season. They missed out on the Championship Round last time out, but the board decided to keep David Jean Nielsen on the bench.
AGF are targeting a top-six finish this time around and most recent results in friendlies against Djurgarden (2-2 draw) and Hamburger SV (1-5 win) will certainly help on the confidence level.
The Over 2.5 goals FT truly looks like a banker bet looking at both teams’ form in pre-season friendlies as well as at their latest head to head record.
The bet that pops out is Midtjylland to win & BTTS at the odds of 3.10.
Midtjylland vs AGF Aarhus: Bet Tips
- Midtjylland to win & BTTS @ 3.10
- Over 2.5 goals FT @ 1.66.