Middlesbrough vs Wolves
English League Championship
Date: 30th March 2018, Friday
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Riverside Stadium (Middlesbrough)
Middlesbrough welcome Wolverhampton Wanders in a fixture that could change the complexion of Championship table. The team from Riverside just moved up to 6th in the standings, the final play-off zone, on the back of a six match unbeaten streak. A win on Friday is important for them to remain in the zone with three teams behind them closing in from a 2 point gap.
On the other hand, Wolves are leading the Championship charts since a while, but a few hiccups in recent months reduced their lead against second placed Cardiff to 6 points. Yet, their automatic promotion chance is not in any sort of danger as they hold a 13 point lead over the team at third spot. However, they need to make sure that they return from Riverside with at least a point in order to keep the momentum in the title race.
Middlesbrough vs Wolves: Key stats
- Boro are on a six match unbeaten run, 4 wins and 2 draws.
- They were victorious in the last four at home, scoring a minimum of 2 in each and 3 goals in three.
- Wolves have won their last two league games, yet they managed only 3 wins from their last 7.
- Away from home, Wolves managed just 1 win from the last four and lost 2 in the space of three.
- Middlesbrough are the second best defense in home games (14 goals from 18)
- Wolves conceded fewer goals than any other team away from home (17 from 19 matches).
Middlesbrough vs Wolves: Head-to-head (Mutual Matches)
- Wolves won 1-0 in the reverse of the corresponding fixture ending Middlesbrough’s four match winning streak against them.
- Four of their last five meetings saw 3 or more goals. And 10 of the last 11 produced a minimum 2 goals.
- At home, Boro had won the last five fixtures against the Wolves, all by scoring 2 or more goals.
Middlesbrough vs Wolves: Predictions
It is true that Boro are coming to this match on the back some good results. But, this is a team that collected bulk of their points against teams sitting at the bottom half of the table. They simply haven’t handled the pressure when coming against top teams in the league. They collected a lowly 12 points from a possible 63 against teams sitting in top 10 of the standings.
Wolves are title contenders, yet the heavy away defeats to the likes of Aston Villa and Fulham leave us in a spot of doubt. Moreover, they lost five games on the bounce at the Riverside Stadium. Therefore, I do not see Boro losing this one and might be the day for Tony Pulis to prove the critics wrong.
Middlesbrough vs Wolves: Bet Tips
Double Chance – Boro or Draw at 1.55 odds has the potential to be a banker.
Both teams have the defensive stability, but we must see at least 2 goals here. So Over 1.5 goals priced at 1.45 odd is the next best alternate.
Odds are correct at the time of compiling this article. T&C apply for offers and free bets. (18+) Please gamble responsibly.