Middlesbrough vs Ipswich
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 29th December 2018
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Riverside Stadium (Middlesbrough).
Middlesbrough plays hosts to Ipswich in this 25th round fixture of the English Championship at the Riverside Stadium. The game takes place on Saturday.
Ipswich is the last team in the table and has posted 15 points on the board. Their record reads 2 wins, 9 draws and 13 losses. The team scored 19 goals and conceded 41 in return.
Middlesbrough is 5th in league standings and has 39 points against their name. The team has scored 25 times and got back 17 in return. Middlesbrough won 10 of their games, drew 9 and lost the remaining 5.
The last match-day, Middlesbrough lost against Sheffield Wednesday, at home. At the end of regulation time, the scoreline read 0-1. Ipswich lost against QPR, on the road, in their last game, and the final score was 3-0.
Middlesbrough vs Ipswich Head-to-head (h2h)
- Ipswich lost the last h2h match against Middlesbrough.
- Middlesbrough is winless was in 10 of their last 15 matches.
- Ipswich was winless in 18 of their last 20 games.
- Middlesbrough was unbeaten in 15 of their last 20 home-ties.
- Ipswich was winless in 12 of their last 13 fixtures on the road.
- Middlesbrough has scored in 3 of their last 6 overall matches, and in 4 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Ipswich has scored in 2 of their last 5 overall games, and in 1 of their last 6 away fixtures.
- Assombalonga B has been the best player for Middlesbrough with 6 goals and 0 assists this season, and Sears F for Ipswich, with 5 goals and 3 assists.
Middlesbrough vs Ipswich Prediction
Ipswich is easily the weakest team in the entire competition and on top of that, they are crippled with the away status in this tie. They occupy the dead-last position in the table and is a sure contender for regulation this summer. There’s no way Ipswich survives this match.
Middlesbrough is in a peculiar situation as of now. They are in one of the playoff spots as of now, but due to a bad patch of games, is in danger of losing the spot to teams below them. The side will want to win this game with minimal risk. The team will look for an early goal, to calm down the nerves, and they will look to play it safe. A goal will come in the first half.
Middlesbrough recorded the last three h2h wins against Ipswich with a 2-0 scoreline. Also, a two-goal winning margin is the most common property of h2h games between these teams.
A 2-0 score is the most probable score for the game, analyzing the above two paragraphs.
Middlesbrough vs Ipswich Betting Tips
Correct Score: 2-0, in favor of Middlesbrough @ 6.00 (5/1)
Over 0.5 First Half Goals @ 1.44 (4/9).