Middlesbrough vs Cardiff
Date: Saturday, 18 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Riverside Stadium.
This is a mismatch considering the positions of both these teams in the points table. Cardiff is trying to make sure they finish in a playoff spot at the end of the season.
Currently they are under pressure for the last of those spots by teams like Swansea City and Millwall. But the recent win against Derby has given a two point lead over their nearest rivals.
The away team is also coming into this game from a win against Reading. They have an inconsistent record in this league season which is mainly due to a shabby attacking unit.
Even Barnsley who is at the bottom of the table has scored more goals than the Boro.
Middlesbrough vs Cardiff: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Cardiff has a three match winning streak currently active against this opposition.
- They have four wins and a defeat in five previous clashes with the Boro.
- Four of those five head to head games had fewer than 2.5 goals at full time.
- Four of those matches had the common final score of 1-0.
- The hosts have three wins and two defeats in their last five clashes here.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all three of those matches as well.
Middlesbrough vs Cardiff: Prediction
The Boro has not won any of their home matches in both league and Cup in 2020. Currently they on a four game losing run in front of their home crowd. The team lacks motivation and have lost even to teams in the relegation zone like Luton Town at this ground. They are also on a losing streak against Cardiff City in head to head matches.
The visitors have lost only two of their ten previous matches on the road. So it is safe to say that the visitors have the upper hand in this upcoming tie.
The hosts have failed to trouble the scores in four of their six recent home games. The head to head stats clearly show that Cardiff won the last three meetings and kept a clean sheet in all those matches as well. So I am backing only one team to score this Saturday.
Middlesbrough vs Cardiff: Betting Tips
The away team to win @ 1.91 (10/11).
Both teams to score: No @ 1.93 (10/11).