Middlesbrough vs Bristol City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 11 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Riverside Stadium (Middlesbrough)
The hosts were on a two-match losing streak until they played Millwall in a recent fixture. That away win may have raised their spirits. Since the table is so closely packed they still carry the risk of dropping to the danger zone. So every point matters for the Boro.
After 9 matches without a win, Bristol City has finally got entire three points from a game. But the win came at home against Hull City who is in the relegation zone. They had to face some tough opposition but have also lost to mid-table teams before.
Middlesbrough vs Bristol City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their five previous meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those matches as well.
- The visitors picked up three wins in their last five trips to this ground.
- Both sides scored in three of those five fixtures here.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals came in three matches during that spell.
- Middlesbrough is winless in its last eight home games in the league.
- The visitors are also on a five-game winless run that includes four defeats in away games.
Middlesbrough vs Bristol City: Prediction
The Boro has scored only 42 goals so far in this league season. This is the lowest scoring tally for any side even the ones at the bottom of the table. From the matches so far they have drawn and also lost more matches than they have won.
Even at home, they have been criticized by their own fans for not stepping up in recent weeks. The visitors have not won any of their last five matches on the road. From 21 away fixtures they have 8 wins and defeats each. There is pretty much nothing to separate them. So we can expect yet another draw on Saturday.
Both of them are known for their defensive weaknesses. The home side has given away more goals than they scored. Bristol also has holes in defense which has already leaked 61 goals so far. The reverse leg was also a high scoring game with goals from both sides. We can expect a similar scoreline in this upcoming tie also.
Middlesbrough vs Bristol City: Betting Tips
Match to draw @ 3.50 (5/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.90 (9/10).