Metz vs Lille:
2016/17 French Ligue 1,
Date: Saturday, 13 August 2016,
Kick-Off: 19:00 UK,
Venue: Stade Saint-Symphorien (Metz).
Football Club de Metz return to French Ligue One as they kick off the 2016/17 season with the home match against Lille on Saturday.
Metz gained automatic promotion to Ligue 1 after finishing third in the 2015–16 edition of Ligue 2. However their preparations for the new season haven gone well as they managed just two wins from their 6 pre-season games. There is a lot of work ahead if they are to put an end to their inconsistent stay in top flight league.
Lille are coming on the back of a shocking defeat to Qarabag in the in the Europa League qualifier following a 2-1 aggregate loss. They finished fifth in the 2015/16 league standings and will be eyeing a spot inside the top three this term.
Metz v Lille : Head-to-Head
- Metz have a poor record against Lille in the 21 meetings in all competitions. They lost 12, while won 2 and drew 7.
- Lille haven’t lost to Metz in a competitive game since May 1997, which now stretches to 15 games.
- Metz lost in each of their last 4 home games against Lille in all competitions.
- Lille were 4-1 winners in the last meeting between the two sides at the Stade Saint-Symphorien on 24 May 2015, before Metz got relegated to Ligue 2.
Metz v Lille : Prediction
Lille will go in as heavy favourites considering their strong record against Metz. They haven’t lost in the last 15 games both home and away. And they were victorious in the last four visits to Metz, scoring 10 goals in total. Lille are priced at the odds 2.30 to win here and this must be grabbed before it starts to drop.
And an even better offer is Lille to score over 1.5 goals at full time at 2.62. They have scored at least twice in each of their last four away games against Metz and this could happen again on Saturday. I will also back the correct score prediction of 2-0 for the visitors at 9.50.
Metz v Lille : Tips
- Lille to win @ 2.30
- Lille Over 1.5 goals @ 2.62
- Correct Score – Lille 2:0 @ 9.50.