Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC
Australia – Hyundai A-League
Date: Thursday, 26 January, 2017
Kick-Off: 7:50pm AEDT/ 9:20am UK
Venue: Etihad Stadium, Melbourne.
The Big Blue will occur on Australia Day as Melbourne Victory take on Sydney FC at Etihad Stadium on Thursday, the 26th of January.
These are the top 2 teams with the Victory in second place with 32 points while the Sky Blues are on top with 40 points.
Melbourne Victory were disappointing in their last round when they went down 2-1 against Perth Glory. Meanwhile, a couple of quick goals in the second half got Sydney a 2-0 win over Adelaide United.
Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Melbourne so far have the edge in the head-to-head record with 12 wins to Sydney’s 8 but leading is the draw with 16.
- Last time these sides met was this season in round 5 where Sydney FC won at home 2-1.
- There were 5 draws in the past 8 meetings with other results going the way of the Victory twice and the Sky Blues once.
- Sydney FC have not won in Melbourne against the Victory since round 16 of the 2013/14 season.
- The Victory’s last win against the Sky Blues was during this same time at the same ground last year as they won this fixture by a slim 1-0 margin.
Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC: Predictions
These are the two best teams in the A-League right now and we should expect a high-quality contest.
It will be a battle of the attacking teams as these are the two best scoring sides in the league so goals should happen in this encounter.
The key for this game is which defence can hold out their opposition from creating many scoring chances. And it will be vital not to allow the opposite players any space to give them any chances whatsoever.
A win for the Victory will close the gap with the league leaders, while a Sky Blues win will extend their lead on top of the table.
Despite the form of the home side right now, it is still not easy to call this game. And going by the head-to-head record, this match between Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC will end in a scoring draw.
Melbourne Victory vs Sydney FC: Bet Tips
Both Teams to Score at 1.65 (7/11).