Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets
Australia – A-League
Date: Sunday, 05 January 2020
Kick-off at 07:30 UK/ 08:30 CET
Venue: AAMI Park (Melbourne).
With their overall performance and home ground advantage, Melbourne Victory is the favorite to win in the clash with Newcastle Jets.
- Melbourne Victory form: 11 matches – 3 wins – 3 draws – 5 losses – 12 points.
- Newcastle Jets form: 10 matches – 2 wins – 3 draws – 5 losses – 9 points.
Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets Head-to-head (h2h)
- The host has recorded three of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Three of Victory’s last five wins were registered as the host.
- Their previous encounter in August 2019 ended in a 2-2 draw.
- The Jets have tasted only one win in their last seven visits.
Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets Prediction
Melbourne Victory had a 1-2 victory against Melbourne City in their previous match in the league. It was their third unbeaten game in their last five fixtures.
At home, Victory has been struggling this season. They only have one win from their six home matches so far. Even so, the host has lost only twice in the same period.
Meanwhile, Newcastle Jets will be coming after a 1-1 draw with Brisbane Roar. the visitor was on a three-game losing run in the campaign.
Apart from that, the Jets have marked only one win in their past five away fixtures. Also, they have lost 3 of their five away games so far.
As such, considering that the away form of Jets is worse than the home team’s form at their own turf, we can count on the host to perform well in the match. Since the host hasn’t been that good at home, there is a chance for Jets to earn at least a point from the clash.
Also, Victory has a better chance of winning on the basis of their overall league form. Hence, it is safer to draw no bet on Melbourne Victory.
Melbourne Victory vs Newcastle Jets Betting tips
Draw no bet: Melbourne Victory @ 1.50 (1/2).
Under 3.5 goals @ 1.50 (1/2).