Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar
Date: Wednesday, 29 July 2020
Kick-Off at 10:30 UK/ 11:30 CET
Venue: AAMI Park.
The Boys in Blue are losing back to back league games. Currently they are on a three-match losing run of which the latest came against Western United.
Like most teams, they have conceded more goals than they scored this season. They need to get back to winning ways to guarantee a decent finish at the end of the season.
The away team is fourth in the points table after 23 rounds. They are coming into this one after the home defeat t Adelaide United.
This 0-1 defeat put an end to a successful three match winning streak. They are a long way away from the top spot, so they need to keep winning to finish in the top three.
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Melbourne is currently on a four-match win streak against this opposition.
- They have four wins and a defeat in five previous head to head games against Brisbane.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five matches across all venues.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three games during that spell.
- The hosts are unbeaten in four of their last five clashes at this ground.
- Both sides found the target in four of those five games here as well.
- Three of those games also had a final score with over 2.5 goals too.
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar: Prediction
The home team has dominated the head to head games for more than two years. But currently the boys in blue are losing consecutively.
One can argue they had to face tough opposition in recent weeks, but this has been the story of the season so far. A team that finished third last season is currently second to last in the table.
But one thing we can be sure of is goals in this fixture. In most of their recent encounters both these team have found the net.
Despite being at the bottom of the table Victory is scoring at least a goal per game. The visitors have also netted the same number of goals in 23 matches.
Another trend which can be seen in their clashes is the number of goals is above 2.5.
All four previous fixtures of the Victory had a similar score line. So I am backing both teams to score and more than 2.5 goals.
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.87 (7/8).