Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United
Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020
Kick-Off at 08:30 UK/ 09:30 CET
Venue: Marvel Stadium (Melbourne)
Adelaide is fighting to keep a playoff spot amidst a lot of pressure from Brisbane roar. The visitors are 5th in the table scoring and conceding 32 goals each. Their last league action was an away defeat to Western Sydney Wanderers for a score of 5-2. This makes it 4 defeats in 5 matches on the road for Adelaide.
Melbourne was 3rd in the league last season. After 18 rounds completed this time around they are third from the bottom of the table. They have lost 9 games and conceded more than what they scored. A 6 match winless run is going on for them which they will like to end soon.
Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Adelaide is on a 4 match win streak against Melbourne Victory, all at home.
- The Victory won their last head to head match in December 2018.
- Melbourne has a 3 match winning run in h2h at their home.
- From their last 5 meetings at this ground hosts have won 4 and lost only once.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 matches here.
- Adelaide United has scored in all their 6 recent league matches.
Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United: Prediction
The hosts have dominated at home against Adelaide when we look at their recent head to head games. Even though they are winless for a long time, they may emerge victors in this upcoming game. They have lost only once in their 5 previous home games which were against Sydney FC and won against Perth as well. Since the away side has lost 5 of their previous 6 matches away from home, I am backing the hosts to win.
The visitors have scored continuously in 3 away games in the league. They average 1.7 goals per game in this league season. The hosts have also found the net 11 times in 5 previous home matches across all competitions. So I am backing both teams to score on Saturday.
Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 1.50 (1/2).
- Melbourne Victory to win @ 2.33 (4/3).