Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory
Australia – A-League
Date: Saturday, 21 December 2019
Kick-off at 06:00 UK/ 07:00 CET
Venue: AAMI Park (Melbourne).
Being the host in the clash, Melbourne City is the favorite in the event when hosting Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.
- Melbourne City form: 9 matches – 6 wins – 1 draw – 2 losses – 19 points.
- Melbourne Victory form: 10 matches – 2 wins – 3 draws – 5 losses – 9 points.
Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory Head-to-head (h2h)
- Their past three encounters ended in a draw.
- Their most recent clash in October 2019 ended in a 0-0 draw.
- The host has recorded three of the last five wins in their meetings.
- The guest is unbeaten in their last five visits since 2016.
Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory Prediction
Melbourne City visited Newcastle Jets which ended in favor of City with a 0-4 score on the board. It marked the third win in their previous five fixtures.
Significantly, they have been alternating their wins and losses in their form. Apart from that, City has been going through a good run at home.
Evidently, the host has won three of their four home matches this season in the campaign. Their only loss at home was against Perth Glory.
Meanwhile, Melbourne Victory has lost their last three away matches in the campaign so far. Apart from the win against Brisbane Roar in their opening away match, Victory has not found stable wins in any of their trips.
Besides that, the 0-0 draw with Wellington Phoenix marked their fourth winless match in the last five overall fixtures.
As such, the Victory has been dropping points lately in the league. Hence, we cannot count on the visitors to outwit the second placed squad in the league.
Henceforth, the City has more chance of winning the match in ninety minutes.
Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory Betting tips
Full-time result: Melbourne City FC @ 1.90 (9/10).
Under 3.5 goals @ 1.44 (4/9).