Melbourne City vs Brisbane Roar
Australia – A-League
Date: Friday, 19 November 2021
Kick-off at 08:45 UK / 09:45 CET
Venue: AAMI Park.
Melbourne City will enter the new season as one of the main title contenders. They have historically done well at home against Brisbane Roar and we don’t have any reason to expect such a trend to be stopped in the opening round of the 2021/22 A-League campaign.
Melbourne City vs Brisbane Roar Head-to-head
- The home court advantage has played a big part in the history of this matchup.
- Melbourne City thus won 12, drew 3, and lost 1 of the last 16 home outings against Brisbane Roar.
- Melbourne City will go into this on the back of three wins in the last four meetings with Brisbane Roar.
Melbourne City vs Brisbane Roar Predictions & Analysis
The new A-League season kicks off on Friday morning when defending premiers and champions Melbourne City play host to Brisbane Roar at AAMI Park.
It was the inaugural title in Melbourne City’s history and the team led by Patrick Kisnorbo will certainly be hoping to back it up with second straight trophy this time around.
Melbourne City are indeed the main title contenders ahead of the 2021/22 A-League campaign as well.
They have made a fantastic job in the transfer window by keeping the main star Jamie MacLaren in the squad.
MacLaren was by far the best A-League player last season. He bagged 25 goals in 24 appearances in the previous term of the competition.
Moving forward, Melbourne City will be stronger for Matthew Leckie who has joined the team after spending a decade in the top flight of German football playing for Borussia Monchengladbach, Ingolstadt, and Hertha Berlin in the process).
Brisbane Roar, who came fourth at the end of the previous A-League campaign, lost almost all of their best players from the last season.
The team’s top scorer Riku Danzaki left the team, much as Joseph Champness, Dylan Wenzel-Halls (the second top scorer), Gol Gol Mebrahtu, Masato Kudo, and Jamie Young (starting goalkeeper).
Key Stats for Betting
- Melbourne City will have a deadly lineup of attackers in the likes of Jamie MacLaren and Matthew Leckie this season.
- They won 12, drew 3, and lost 1 of the last 16 home outings against Brisbane Roar.
- Brisbane Roar lost all of their key players from the last season.
- Head coach Warren Moon will need some time to bed in the new arrivals and he does not have much to hope for on the opening day away at the strongest team in the country.
Melbourne City vs Brisbane Roar Betting Tips
Melbourne City to win @ 1.50 (1/2)
Melbourne City to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.30 (13/10)