Maritimo vs Vitoria de Guimaraes
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 12 January 2020
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Estadio dos Barreiros (Funchal).
Based on their overall league performances lately, Vitoria de Guimaraes will be the favorites to win in the clash with Maritimo at Funchal.
- Maritimo form: 15 matches – 4 wins – 6 draws – 5 losses – 18 points.
- Vitoria de Guimaraes form: 15 matches – 5 wins – 6 draws – 4 losses – 21 points.
Maritimo vs Vitoria de Guimaraes Head-to-head (h2h)
- Guimaraes has recorded four of the last five wins in their clashes.
- Three of Guimaraes’s last five wins were registered as the host.
- Both teams have scored goals in three of the prior four fixtures.
- Their previous encounter gave a 1-0 home win for Guimaraes.
Maritimo vs Vitoria de Guimaraes Prediction
Maritimo had a 1-0 win on the road against Rio Ave in their previous league encounter. It was their second consecutive win in the campaign lately.
Even so, these wins were against weaker sides in the league. Maritimo has struggled to find points when facing the top part teams.
Meanwhile, Guimaraes had two losses in their past five league overall fixtures. One loss in their previous league clash against Benfica at home with a 0-1 scoreline.
On the other hand, Maritimo has been in a mixed form at home. With two wins and losses each in eight home matches so far, Maritimo has had a hard time finding stability.
In the meantime, Guimaraes has been struggling on the road. They have only one win in their prior seven trips on the road. Also, they have drawn the recent three away games in their schedule.
As such, Maritimo has not struggled at home but they have been facing weaker teams. So, they cannot be counted on to fare well against Guimaraes. Also, Guimaraes has lost mostly to top part teams only.
Hence, Guimaraes has more chance of winning the game in ninety minutes with probably under 2.5 goals in the clash.
Maritimo vs Vitoria de Guimaraes Betting tips
Vitoria de Guimaraes to win @ 1.75 (3/4).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).