Maritimo vs Braga
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: Estádio dos Barreiros (Funchal).
This can be counted as a mismatch. We expect Braga to have an easy day at the office and continue to improve their away record on Sunday.
The last match on the road for Braga was special. They defeated one of their favorite opponents Benfica by a single goal.
But that win does not make their life easier as there is clear daylight between them and the top two teams.
Their away record has been sublime over the last weeks and we can expect them to have an upper hand here also.
Maritimo vs Braga: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Braga has 3 wins in the last 3 competitive head to head games.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 matches across all venues.
- Maritimo managed to draw the reverse fixture at Braga’s home ground.
- They won the 2 recent head to head games at home.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in the last 4 meetings at this stadium.
Maritimo vs Braga: Prediction
Maritimo has kept things quiet defensively in their last 3 games conceding just 1 goal. But wins have not come consistently for them. They have won just 3 of the last 10 league fixtures. On the other hand, Braga has lost only 2 of their 10 previous matches. Also, they never failed to score in 8 games on the trot. These include Europa and league games. So I am pretty sure we can see both teams finding the back of the net this Sunday.
The visitors have won 7 of their previous 10 league matches. Also, they are on a 4 game winning streak away from home. Even though Maritimo have lost once in their 9 previous home matches, they may not be able to hold back the in-form Braga attack. So I am backing the visitors to win comfortably in this upcoming game.
Maritimo vs Braga: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).
- Braga to win @ 1.72 (5/7).