Bayern Munich playmaker Mario Gotze quashes Liverpool link

Bayern play maker Mario Gotze is determined to stay at Munich and prove his worth to the team and ruled out a move out of the club in January.

Now it is almost certain that interested parties like Liverpool and Juventus have to wait until summer of 2016 to praise the World Cup winner away from the German capital.

Gotze said he knew about the speculations regarding the reunion with his former coach Jurgen Klopp and there are no contacts from Liverpool whatsoever.

The 23-year old reveals that he wants to become the face of the record Bundelsliga Champions and he is very happy to be a Bayern player, said the player in an interview with Süddeutsche Zeitung.

Gotze doesn’t seem to be happy when quizzed about the rumors as he replied by saying “I have nothing to say about these rumors and if Klopp wants him at Liverpool, he should approach me”.

At the same time, he quoted that he has a desire to work under Carlo Ancelotti and what the Italian plans for the club will be crucial in his decision to stay with the Bavarians.

As we understand, he would like to avoid a similar situation he experienced under Pep Gaurdiola when the ex-Real Madrid boss takes over at the end of the season.

Talking to Sport Bild Bayern sporting director Matthias Sammer called the rumors “absolute nonsense” and would not like to make any comments on the matter.

Gotze is currently injured since suffering a torn muscle in his groin area in October and is expected to return to full fitness by February.

Liverpool’s ever growing injury list as we call ‘The Hamstring Train’ has forced head-coach Jurgen Klopp to field a number of young players in the FA cup clash against Exeter City on Friday night.

The biggest threat to the seasons ambitions of the Reds will be the absence of Coutinho, as Liverpool are prepared to play another 5 matches in a span of 2 weeks.

There are also rumors connecting the Reds with Fiorentina striker Giuseppe Rossi and Schalke defender Joel Matip.

Marko Grujic is the only confirmed deal in the current transfer window for Liverpool so far, but the Serbian youngster has been immediately loaned back to Red Star Belgrade for the rest of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukXoYBz2Bl4

Advertisement 18+ , T&C Apply