Mariehamn vs KuPS
Finland – Veikkausliiga
Date: Wednesday, 25th April 2018
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Wiklof Holding Arena (Mariehamn).
Mariehamn are going through a rough phase as they sit at the bottom of the standings without a win after three match-days of the 2018 Finnish Veikkausliiga season. The 2016 league champions failed to make it into top four last time. And it is high time to make home advantage count to overturn the fortunes.
Finished fourth last season, VPS had a poor start to the 2018 campaign as they lost 2 and drew 1 from the first three matches. However, they are back with a bang with a 2-1 away win at defending champions HJK and will be hungry for another scalp on Wednesday.
Mariehamn vs KuPS: Head-to-head
- Mariehamn beat KuPS twice last season before losing the last fixture. All three matches saw the same 2-1 score line.
- KuPS were more successful in h2h battles as they bagged 5 wins from the last 5, drew 1 and lost 2.
- Their last four meetings saw both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals.
Mariehamn vs KuPS: Predictions
Both teams want to win here owing to a poor start to the campaign. The sides show improvement in their most recent fixture as Mariehamn earned a 2-2 draw against VPS, but KuPS the glamorous one with a huge 2-1 away win at HJK.
This certainly shows that the visitors are in the best shape. But the final result could go anywhere since this is the early days of the season.
Therefore, the best punt in my opinion is both teams to score, since their last 4 h2h across all venues and 5 of the last 6 at the Wiklof Holding Arena saw the same.
Mariehamn vs KuPS: Bet Tips
- Both teams to Score @ 1.91 with 10bet.
- Over 2.5 goals at 2.15 odd with the same firm.