Manchester United will continue their pursuit for a Champions League spot when they host Leicester City at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
United are just 5 points behind Arsenal and their local rivals Manchester City in the table with one outstanding game at hand and 3 games to go, they are pushing for a chance to end in the 3rd or 4th place in the league.
Leicester on their own part will have a chance of wining the league this Sunday if they grab a win over the Red Devils at Old Trafford.
- Both teams are in a great deal of form; the Visiting team Leicester are unbeaten in their last 9 league games.
- Claudio Ranieri’s men have also kept clean sheet in 6 of their last 7 league games.
- Leicester have also won their last 3 away games and also kept clean sheets in the games.
- The Red devils are strong at home; they have won their last 6 home games.
- United have also kept clean sheets in their last 4 home games.
Manchester United: Team News
The manager is expected to continue with the 4-1-4-1 formation that have favoured them recently.
Luke Shaw, Januzaj, Schweinstiger and Keane are still out on injury while Phil jones is a doubt for the game as he is still struggling for fitness.
Manchester United: Predicted Line-up (4-1-4-1)
Rojo, Blind, Smalling, Fosu-Mensah
Martial, Fellaini, Rooney, Lingaard
Leicester City: Team News
Vardy will miss this clash as his ban was extended, Ulloa will be partnered upfront with Okazaki.
Leicester City: predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs
Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante, Schlupp
Manchester United vs Leicester City: Head-To-Head stats
- The Red devils have won a greater part of their meetings; they have won 40 games, lost 22 to Leicester and drew 21.
- The Red devils have also won 10 of their last 12 games together, lost 1 and drew 1.
- The Red Devils have also kept 8 clean sheets in their last 12 games.
- United have only lost 3 games at Old Trafford against Leicester City, they have won 27 and drew 11.
Manchester United vs Leicester City: Prediction
The two teams in question are in a good run of form, Leicester are running a long streak of unbeaten run while United are very strong at Old Trafford. The game could go either way and it’s hard to go with any side and the game could as well end in a draw.
The game is expected to record few goals judging by the number of Leicester’s 1-0 wins recently and United’s low scoring form.
Will Van Gaal succeed in spoiling Ranieri’s party? – We may wait to see.
Manchester United vs Leicester City: Bet Tips
Best bet: under 3.5 goals
Risky bet: Marcus Rashford to score