The international break is over and normal club football activities resume as Manchester United take on Everton at Old Trafford on Sunday evening.
The Red Devils are looking forward to a win in this clash as they hope to get themselves into the Top four depending on the results elsewhere.
Everton are hoping to continue their unbeaten away form as they storm Old Trafford to play Van Gaal’s side.
- The Red Devils are 6th on the Premier League Table with 50 points and they are just 1 point behind their City rivals Manchester City in the 4th place.
- Manchester United have lost 2 of their last 5 games and won 3 whereas the visitors Everton have lost 3 of their last 5 games and won 2.
- The Red Devils have won their last 3 home games, scoring 7 goals against 2 conceded in the process.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last 8 away games and coming on the back consecutive wins from their last two matches on the road.
- Everton have scored 3 goals each in their last three away games.
Manchester United: Team News
Manchester United fans will be elated to know Rooney is back in training, but he won’t be fit enough to play on Sunday.
Luke Shaw is also expected to be back sooner than later while Schweinstiger is out for the season. Rojo may not be available for selection as he may be affected by fatigue, while Ander Herrera is a doubt for the clash.
Manchester United: Expected Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1)
De Gea – Blind, Smalling, Darmian, Varela- Carrick, Schneiderlin – Martial, Lingard, Mata – Rashford.
Everton : Team News
Gareth Barry is still on suspension which keeps him out of the game, while Lukaku will try to impress once again at Old Trafford.
John Stones is fit after recovering from a knock picked up during the international duty with England squad and is available for selection.
Everton: Expected Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Robles – Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Baines – McCarthy, Besic – Cleverly, Barkely, Lennon – Lukaku.
Manchester United vs Everton : Head-To-Head stats
- Everton have won 3 of their last 5 meetings with Manchester united why the remaining 2 went games United way.
- Manchester United have won 3 of their last 5 home games against Everton, they have lost 1 and drew 1.
- Since the reign of Roberto Martinez at Everton, they have lost twice to the Red Devils and won 3 times.
Manchester United vs Everton: Prediction
The home side are in a battle for next season’s champions League spot or at least to play in Europa League while the visitors are mid table candidate this season.
This is a good opportunity for the Red Devils to get into the top four should Manchester City draw or loose their game.
United will play to their full potential as only few of their players participated in the international games, there will be no record of fatigue.
I predict a straight win for the Red Devils; and an exact score of 2-1.
Best Bet: Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.94