Malta vs Croatia
World Cup Qualification Europe
Date: Thursday, 11 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Ta’Qali National Stadium.
The Croatians are placed second in the table, trailing two points below the first-placed Russia. With just two games remaining, they need to deliver a win this Thursday at any cost, to keep their hopes of qualification alive.
Since they are pitted against Malta, one of the worst teams in the world – and possibly the absolute worst in the group – expect a huge win for the 2018 World Cup Finalists.
Malta vs Croatia Head-to-head
- The reverse fixture had ended in a 3-0 win for the Croatians.
- They have a 100% winning record in the past three decades, barring a single 1-1 draw in 2005.
- They had scored two or more goals in seven of the former nine clashes.
- Malta have a 100% losing record at home, disregarding the 1-1 draw in 2005.
Malta vs Croatia Prediction & Analysis
Malta were held to a 2-2 draw the last match-day, by the dead-last placed Cyprus. They were also winless in ten of their former eleven fixtures, and had gone on two separate three-game losing streaks during this stretch.
Going on, they had conceded two or more goals in eight of their past ten matches, and they have won just once at home in the past 12-month period.
On the other hand, Croatia were held to a 2-2 draw by Slovakia the past game week. They are also on a seven-fixture unbeaten run, and most importantly, they are in the hunt for the top-most spot.
As of now, they are placed second in the table, trailing two points below toppers Russians. Just two fixtures remain in this qualification campaign, and Russia are expected to win their upcoming game, since it’s against the dead-last placed Cyprus.
As such, if the Croatians are even held to a draw this Thursday, they will be mathematically eliminated from the race for the top-most spot.
Suffice it to say, expect the 2018 World Cup finalists to go after the three points right from the get-go, and deliver a win in style at the Ta’Qali National Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Croatians are placed second in the table, and have lost just once all through this campaign.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the group, and have conceded the least as well.
- They have scored two or more goals in their past three games in a row.
- Meanwhile, Malta have a 100% winless record barring a single win against the dead-last placed Cyprus.
- They have conceded the most number of goals in Group H.
Tips for Malta vs Croatia
Croatia -2.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).