Malmo vs Zenit St. Petersburg
Date: Tuesday, 23 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Eleda Stadion.
The top two spots in Group H seem reserved for Chelsea and Juventus – and all that remains is the third position – which allots an entry into the knockouts of the Europa.
Both Malmo and Zenit are going after the third spot for the reason. However, Zenit have a massive upper hand. They are already in possession of the third place, and that too with a three-point lead over the dead-last placed Malmo – who have a 100% losing record so far.
As such, a win this Tuesday would help the Russians extend their European campaign. Count on them to deliver the three points at the Eleda Stadion.
Malmo vs Zenit Head-to-head (h2h)
- The only clash between the two had ended in a 4-0 win for the Russians.
- Zenit are yet to take on any other opponent from Sweden.
- Meanwhile, Malmo have twice locked horns with other Russian rivals. Both games were against Torpedo Moskva. The Swedish team recorded a 2-0 win at their home, and lost the reverse fixture 2-1 on the road.
Malmo vs Zenit Prediction & Analysis
Malmo lost 0-1 at home the last match-day, against Chelsea. Going on, not only have they lost every one of their fixtures in their CL campaign, but they have conceded the most, and embarrassingly, they are yet to score one in return.
Going on, of their total three wins at home in the past three-month period, one had come against a team from the lower division as well.
On the other hand, Zenit did lose 4-2 on the road in their latest CL fixture. But do note that it was against toppers Juventus, and that too at the Allianz Stadium. The team also managed to score for the first time against the Italians in this edition of the CL.
Moreover, Zenit could confirm their participation in the Europa with a win this Tuesday, and as such count on them to deliver a great performance against minnows Malmo.
Key Stats for Betting
- Malmo are placed bottom-most in the table with a perfect losing record.
- They have a combined scorecard of 0-12 from their four games so far.
- They have a total of three wins at home since August.
- Meanwhile, only toppers Juventus have scored more goals than Zenit in the group.
- The Russians have also lost just once in the past five game weeks, and this sole defeat had come against Italian heavyweights Juventus.
Tips for Malmo vs Zenit
Zenit to Win @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Zenit @ 1.83 (5/6).