Malmo vs Kalmar:
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 UK Time
Venue: Swedbank Stadion (Malmo).
Swedsih league leaders Malmo look to extend their lead at the top when they welcome relegation candidates Kalmar to the Swedbank Stadion on Saturday afternoon.
Malmo were held to a 1-1 draw by fellow title contender AIK Solna in the last round fixture, but they stretched their unbeaten run to 6 matches. The draw put an end to Malmo’s five match winning run in the league. Malmo have 31 points from 14 matches so far, winning 10 and losing just 3. But they have immediate pressure from Norkoping who are lay at a 3 point distance.
Kalmar were surprisingly blown out by bottom of the table side Gefle 4-2 last week. They were on a 5 match unbeaten run prior to that, with 2 wins and 3 draws. They currently stay at 12th in the league table with 17 points from 14 matches. A win here could lift them as high as 8th depending on other results, but a defeat could push them further close to the relegation zone.
Malmo vs Kalmar: Head-to-Head Stats
- Overall (33 matches): Malmo – 17 wins, Kalmar – 11 wins, Draws – 5.
- Malmo at home vs Kalmar (16 matches): 9 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses.
- This is the second meeting between the two sides in the calender year 2016, the first being in the Swedish Cup on March at Kalmar which resulted in a 3-2 win for Malmo.
- The teams share a win each in two league meetings of 2015, with home teams grabbing the wins on each occasion.
- Malmo are on a five match winning run at home against Kalmar in league meetings and conceded just 1 goal during the process.
Malmo vs Kalmar: Prediction
Malmo look extremely good on form and they should have any problem to brush aside a side like Kalmar. My conclusion is also on the back of a strong home form, where they had won 6 of the 7 matches so far this season.
Kalmar could be considered as a dangerous side, but inconsistency goes together with it. Their away form is pretty ordinary despite winning 2 of the last three matches. These wins came against poor sides like Falkenberg and Durgaardens, but Malmo at their current form is a different proportion all together.
Malmo haven’t conceded in the last 6 home matches and are very likely to grab another clean sheet here. So my prediction for this match is a 2-0 win for Malmo, a clean sheet for the hosts and under 2.5 goals are in the probables.
Malmo vs Kalmar: Tips
- Malmo to win.
- Under 2.5 goals