Malmo vs Falkenberg
Sweden – Allsvenskan
Date: Sunday, 23 August 2020
Kick-Off at 13:30 UK/ 14:30 CET
Venue: Eleda Stadion (Malmö)
The hosts will know better than a four-point lead at the top of the lead is too little. With a major portion of the season yet to come they have to keep winning consecutive matches to prevent teams like Elfsborg and Djurgardens from replacing them. From the 16 matches, they have lost only once this season which was against the yellow Ones.
Falkenbergs is in no position to challenge the former champions. From their 16 games, the away team has lost and drawn seven games each. Currently, they are without a win in four league games on the trot.
Malmo vs Falkenberg: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Sky Blue has not lost to this opposition in any competitive meetings.
- They are currently on a seven-match winning streak in this fixture.
- The majority of their head to head games had more than 2.5 goals.
- Malmo kept a clean sheet in five of their recent six head to head games.
- The hosts have won all five clashes at this ground in both league and Cup.
- They have kept a clean sheet in four of those five games here.
Malmo vs Falkenberg: Prediction
Falkenberg is not at all a real challenge for the Sky Blue. Malmo has one of the most dangerous attacking units in the competition. They have already scored 33 goals from 16 games. Also, the head to head history also shows a big scoreline in their recent head to head matches. So we can expect a goal-fest on Sunday as they meet one of the weakest defenses in the competition.
The visitors always had trouble scoring past the former champions. The hosts have kept a clean sheet in four of their previous five meetings at this ground. In the present season, Malmo has given away only 15 goals which are the league-best along with Djurgardens. So I am backing a high scoring game with the only team getting the goals.
Malmo vs Falkenberg: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.50 (1/2).
Both teams to score: No @ 1.93 (10/11).