Malmo FF vs AIK Stockholm
Date: 9th April 2018, Monday
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Swedbank Stadion (Malmo).
It is the battle of elites in Swedish Allsvenskan when defending champions Malmo welcome runners-up AIK on matchday 2 of the 2018 season.
Malmo started their campaign with a 2-1 away win to Elfsborg, while AIK bagged a comfortable 2-0 win against the newly promoted Dalkurd FF.
Both teams had some pre-season action in the Swedish Cup started in February. AIK were eliminated in the semifinals with a defeat to Djurgarden. Whereas Malmo booked the final ticket with a narrow win against Ostersunds. With 5 cup games and a league game in their bag, the teams won’t have any problems in the fitness department.
Still, early days of the season, the teams can go out and play without the pressure as they know they can cover up enough group if they fall short on Monday. So, we might see them playing expansive football than in their previous meetings.
Malmo vs AIK: Head-to-head
- Malmo are unbeaten in the last four meetings with AIK with 2 wins and 2 draws.
- The corresponding home fixture of Malmo last season was a goal-less draw.
- There are 2 goal-less draws in the last 6 h2h meetings between these two clubs.
- Their last four meetings saw under 2.5 goals.
- AIK failed to score in the last three against Malmo.
- At home, Malmo are unbeaten in the last 15 meetings with AIK, 9 wins and 6 draws.
Malmo vs AIK: Prediction
As we mentioned earlier, both teams are in excellent shape and we can expect a competitive affair on Monday evening.
Still, Malmo seem to have got what it take to edge a narrow in against AIK, especially when the visitors are slow starters in league campaigns.
Malmo vs AIK: Bet Tips
Malmo win at 1.80 odd.
Under 2.5 goals at 1.78 odd.