Malaga vs Villarreal
2016/17 Spanish La Liga
Date: Saturday, 10 September 2016,
Kick-Off: 17:15 UK
Venue: La Rosaleda, Malaga.
Two draw expert lock horns, as they search for the first league win of the 2016/2017 season.
Malaga drew their first and second league of the season. The Juande Ramos led side staged a comeback in their last game with Espanyol, as they overturn a 2-0 deficit to savage a point in Barcelona.
Villarreal also ended their first 2 league games in draws, and also produced a below par performance as they were kicked out of the Uefa champions league by Monaco. In recent games, Villarreal enjoys good result with their Saturday opponent.
Malaga Vs Villarreal: Key Facts
- Malaga is currently 4 league games unbeaten run at home. However, the white and Skye blue are in search of their first win over Malaga in 5 meeting with the yellow Submarines
- Villarreal maintains 3 games winning streak in games against Malaga. The yellow sub marines failed to win in 7 competitive games.
Malaga: Team News
Malaga is faced with no serious injury worries. The white and sky blue top man “Ignacio Camacho” suffered minor stomach trouble alongside with Keko.
Malaga: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Kameni: Ricca, Kone, Llorente, Rosales: Jony, Camacho, Recio, Keko: Juanpi, Ramirez
Villarreal: Team News
Pato joins the list of Villarreal top men on the Injury log. The Brazilian suffered an ankle injury in the yellow sub marine clash with Sevilla last month. Pato joined Soldado, and Bakambu who are currently on treatment due to knee and thigh injury respectively.
In addition, Villarreal Mexican international “Jonathan Dos Santos” could make is first league appearance, after returning back to training. The 26 years old Mexican missed Villarreal first 2 league games of the season due to a groin injury.
Villarreal: Predicted Line-Up (4-1-4-1)
Asenjo: Mario, Musacchio, Ruiz, Costa: Castillejo, Bruno, Trigueros, Soriano: N’diaye, Santos
Malaga Vs Villarreal: Head to Head
- Encounter between these two sides most times produced close margin victory since the 2010/2011 season.
- However, Villarreal has won 5 of the last 10 encounters between these two sides, compared to Malaga 2.
- In addition, Villarreal has won 2 of their last 5 league visit to Estadio La Rosaleda, with Malaga scooping victory twice in their last 5 encounter with Villarreal at same venue.
Malaga Vs Villarreal: Prediction
Both sides are in search of their first league victory. This makes the game evenly poised and hard to predict. The bulk of injuries in Villarreal put them on the back-foot here and as a result Malaga are slight favourites to come out with at least a point.
At the same time, there will be no scarcity of goals on Saturday night and over 2.5 goals is a recommended bet for this game considering the maginitude of the odds at which it is priced.
Malaga vs Villarreal: Betting Tips
Double Chance – Malaga/Draw at 4/11 (1.36)
Over 2.5 goals at 3/2 (2.50).