Malaga vs Alaves
Spanish La Liga
Date: Sunday, 6th May 2018
Kick-off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Estadio La Rosaleda (Malaga).
Sunday’s La Liga fixtures kick-off with a low key affair as the relegated Malaga welcome 13th placed Alaves to the Estadio La Rosaleda.
Malaga sit at the foot of the table with 20 points and are coming on the back of a 1-2 away defeat at Betis. Despite their league position, the team started to show some pride in their performances at home as 2 of their last three at the La Rosaleda are wins.
Alaves sit with 41 points and they are out of relegation threat, thanks to Deportivo’s defeat to Barcelona last Sunday. They are also coming on the back of a defeat, 0-1 at home to Atletico Madrid, but their recent form is not as bad as their Sunday’s hosts. Alaves picked 3 wins and a draw from their last 6 matches losing twice and are unbeaten in three away games with 2 wins and 1 draw.
Malaga vs Alaves: Head-to-head
- Last 17 meetings, Malaga 8 wins, Alaves 6 wins and 3 draws.
- As a home team, Malaga won 4, drew 2 and lost 2.
- Alaves won 2-1 in their visit to La Rosaleda last season.
- The reverse of this season’s La Liga fixture also belongs to Alaves on a 1-0 margin.
- Six of their last 7 meetings saw under 2.5 goals.
- Alaves are unbeaten in the last three with 2 wins and 1 draw.
Malaga vs Alaves: Predictions
Both teams bring inconsistencies to their game and none of them has my faith to win this match outright. So, there are considerable risks to bank on three-way match result markets.
However, there is value in backing both teams to score since Malaga scored at least once in 5 of their last 6 league games and Alaves in 4 of their last 5 away games.
Malaga vs Alaves: Bet Tips
Both teams to Score @ 2.05 odds with 10bet.