FSV Mainz vs Hoffenheim Prediction, Betting Tips and Match Preview for German Bundesliga clash on 30 May 2020, Saturday. Kick off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET at the Opel Arena.
Mainz is having trouble winning matches. From their last 10 league games, they won only twice.
The main reason for their downfall is the defense which is the worst in the league. The attack could not compensate for the 61 goals they conceded already.
The O-fives are winless in 4 matches right now and that puts them 15th in the table. Something has to be done to change this scenario or else they are going into the red zone.
Hoffenheim is just 3 points away from a possible Europa League qualification spot. From 28 matches they have won and lost 11 each. Recently they managed to end a 7 game winless run with the win over FC Koln. This must bring some confidence while going against a team struggling to keep things at the back.
FSV Mainz vs Hoffenheim: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both teams have won twice in their last 5 meetings in the league.
- Mainz has a 2 match winning run going on in head to head games.
- Both teams found the back of the net in 8 of their 9 previous clashes across all venues.
- Eight matches also had a score with more than 2.5 goals as well.
- The hosts have 2 wins and a loss in the 5 previous matches against this opposition.
- All 4 recent head to head games here had over 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides scored in all those 4 matches at this ground also.
- The hosts are on a 4 game winless run in the league.
- Hoffenheim is also on a 5 match winless streak away from home.
Mainz vs Hoffenheim: Prediction
There is a clear pattern that is visible in the previous meetings between these two teams. The majority of their matches had more than 2.5 goals and both teams found the net in those games as well.
The home team is conceding an average of 2.17 goals per game. They never had a clean sheet in 9 of their last 10 league games. Similarly, Hoffenheim failed to defend in the last 5 matches on road.
In 21 of the 28 matches that Mainz played the score had more than 2.5 goals. A similar scoreline can be seen in 18 matches of the away team also.
Thus, both teams to score and over 2.5 goals are two equally good options for this Bundesliga tie.
FSV Mainz vs Hoffenheim: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.59 (3/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.50 (1/2).